- Population - 10,329,208
- Percentage of Evangelicals - 13.5%
- Total Number of People Groups - 158
- Number of Unreached People Groups - 117
- Language Spoken - French (official), Arabic (official), Sara (in south)
- Major Religion - Muslim (53.1%), Catholic, Protestant
- Human Development Rank - 175
- Persecution Index - N/A
Until 1960, Chad was a part of France's African holdings. Once France granted independence, Chad faced three decades of civil warfare along with an invasion by Libya. Even after peace was established in 1990, Chad has faced corrupt elections, sporadic rebellions in northern Chad and along the western boarder with Sudan. Power in Chad resides in the hands of an ethnic minority. As recent as 2008, rebel forces have threatened to overthrow the capital. Chad is considered one of the poorest countries in the world, 175 out of 182 countries ranked by the United Nations. One of the major water sources for the country, Lake Chad, has been decreasing in size for years creating a shortage of water for many people, their livestock, and crops. Chad is also home to great lostness. According to the IMB, 117 people groups out of 158 are considered unreached with 86 of those people groups still with not gospel witness. Over 1.7 million people in Chad do not have any portion of Scripture in their own language. The need is great for basic physical necessities, for the gospel, and for the body of Christ who live in Chad. (sources: CIA World Factbook, IMB Global Research Department, United Nations Human Development Index 2009, Operation World, Window on the World)
- Chad is one of the poorest countries in the world. Ask God to provide for the Chadians so His name will be great among them.
- Pray for God to bless the efforts of those translating the Bible and working in other ways to spread the gospel of Christ.
- Ask God to strengthen our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Pray for the believers in Chad to take the gospel to the vast amount of Chadians who do not know Christ.
- Pray for God to send laborers to the 86 people groups who do not have a gospel witness.