On February 24, 2022, Russia invaded Ukraine. Many are suffering and displaced. The UNHCR is estimating that over 4 million refugees have crossed the border since the beginning of the invasion. Ukraine is a place in which members from Brook Hills have historically had deep connections. These connections center around Short-Term trips that supported a network of orphanages, our Student Ministry helping to host gospel-centered youth camps, and families adopting through a network of partners from Ukraine.
WAYS TO PRAY
- Pray for Brook Hills partners in Ukraine as they continue to provide resources for those who are trying to leave Ukraine and find refuge in neighboring countries.
- Pray for God to continue to give the Ukrainian people strength, courage, and perseverance as they endure this conflict.
- Pray for the most vulnerable, especially children who are now displaced in countries that are far away from their homeland. Pray for God to protect them and provide for their needs.
- Pray for the church in Ukraine as they seek to be light in the darkness and help their neighbor. Pray for God to give opportunities to the church to be a refuge, a place of hope in this time of war.
- Pray for Ukrainians who have never heard the gospel to have an opportunity to experience the hope of Jesus.
WAYS TO HELP
We are thankful for your investment in the Global Offering that allows us to respond quickly to crisis moments like this. We would encourage you to continue giving to the Global Offering as it helps us meet specific needs in tangible ways in the here and now, but also for the future.
If you would like to give directly to help the ongoing efforts in Ukraine, we would recommend these organizations as they set up long-term infrastructures in neighboring countries to care for Ukrainian refugees coming into Romania, Moldova, Poland, and Western Ukraine:
- LIFELINE UNADOPTED: Helps provide housing, utilities, and food for families and children displaced and living at two Refugee Centers in Romania.
- SERVANT LIFE: Helps to distribute food and other resources from neighboring countries into a network of churches scattered throughout Ukraine for people in need.
- SAMARITAN’S PURSE: Samaritan’s Purse is operating an emergency field hospital, medical clinics, and distributing relief items through church partners in Ukraine and Moldova.
WAYS YOU HAVE ALREADY HELPED
Brook Hills is thankful to be able to corporately respond through our Crisis Fund designated from the Global Offering. Through the Global Offering, we have partnered with four organizations that are working on the front lines of this conflict to support the efforts of the Ukrainian people, especially believers, as they care for one another and for their neighbors.
- LIFELINE UNADOPTED – Lifeline has a strong network of orphanages they are supporting during this crisis. Through their efforts, they have been able to evacuate and relocate children, staff, and families from Ukraine into Romania and set up long-term assistance for those in need.
- PEREKOTIY FAMILY – Madison and Yuriy Perekotiy are former Brook Hills members who have been living and serving vulnerable and orphaned children in Ukraine since 2018. Through their partnership, Brook Hills was able to help with the immediate needs of people within their church and orphanage network as they crossed borders to safety.
- KREATIVITY – Kreativity is part of an international mission effort in Ukraine to mobilize the church to make disciples around the world. Currently, they have turned their headquarters into a temporary shelter for Ukrainian refugees who are traveling through their city to cross the western border. Through this partnership with Kreativity, Brook Hills is helping Ukrainians find a safe place to sleep, shower, have a hot meal, and hear of hope found in Christ.
- SERVANT LIFE – Servant Life is a local organization led by Brook Hills members mobilizing students and church groups for Short-Term and Mid-Term missions in various places throughout the world. Their first and longest-lasting partnership is with Radooga camps in Kiev, Ukraine. Through this partnership, Brook Hills was able to provide and distribute resources like food and solar panels from neighboring countries into a network of churches scattered through Ukraine for people in need.