Bible Reading Resources
We want to encourage every member of our faith family to engage in meaningful, personal worship in the new year. Here are a few resources we recommend for daily Bible reading.
Bible Tips & Resources
- Guide to Personal Worship - Learn how to read, examine, apply, and pray the Word of God. We don't read just for knowledge. We read God's Word to know Him, have relationship with Him, and to reflect His glory through our lives.
- Bible Reading Partner - Consider enlisting a Bible reading partner. You can meet with them once a week to share: a) what you are learning, b) what God is speaking to you, and c) what you are obeying in response.
- The YouVersion App - If you enjoy reading on your smartphone, the YouVersion Bible App is awesome! You can choose plans there as well. We suggest selecting a plan from their “Through the Bible” section.
- Commentaries - Start with God's Word alone, but for deeper study grab a Study Bible or commentary to understand the Bible more fully. Here are some commentary suggestions book by book.
Bible Reading Plans
- Bible Reading Tracker - This plan allows you to read at your own pace, checking off chapters as you read them. The outline of books encourages you to vary between types of Biblical literature. (Difficulty: Your speed)
- Key Chapters Plan - This plan is an overview of the Bible accomplished by reading one chapter a day, six days a week. You'll cover about a third of the Bible in this plan, but it includes many key chapters. (Difficulty: Light)
- F260 Plan - The Foundational 260 Plan is from Replicate.org. It’s a chronological Bible overview, not exhaustive, and about two chapters a day. You'll cover two-thirds of the Bible in this plan. (Difficulty: Medium)
- One Book at a Time - Another great way to deeply study God’s Word is to choose a book of the Bible and study it verse by verse along with a commentary. See the link above for commentary suggestions. (Difficulty: Your speed)
- Beginning to End Reading Plan – A one-year plan that takes you through the Bible in order from Genesis to Revelation. (Difficulty: Challenging Pace)
- Chronological Reading Plan – A one-year plan that takes you through the Bible in chronological order. (Difficulty: Challenging Pace)
- Two-Year Reading Plan – A plan that takes you through the Bible over the span of two years, reading the New Testament and Psalms twice and the rest of the Old Testament once. (This plan has an accompanying devotional titled "For the Love of God" by D.A. Carson.) (Difficulty: Medium)
- BiblePlan.org - You choose from a variety of plans and the translation you prefer. Then they will send you daily emails with a link to your assigned reading for that day. That helps you stay current and is good for accountability. (Difficulty: All levels)
- See also Navigator's Reading Plans, Christian Standard Bible Plans, ESV Bible Reading Plans, Bible.com Topical Reading Plans, She Reads Truth, and He Reads Truth.
Also, check out this blog for more information on the importance of God's Word in our lives.