We want to encourage every member of our faith family to engage in meaningful, personal worship in the new year. Here are a few resources we recommend for daily Bible reading.
Bible Tips & Resources
- Guide to Personal Worship - Learn how to read, examine, apply, and pray the Word of God. We don't read just for knowledge. We read God's Word to know Him, have relationship with Him, and to reflect His glory through our lives.
- BiblePlan.org - You choose from a variety of plans and the translation you prefer. Then you'll receive daily emails with your assigned reading for that day.
- Bible Reading Partner - Consider enlisting a Bible reading partner. You can meet with them once a week to share: a) what you are learning, b) what God is speaking to you, and c) what you are obeying in response.
- The YouVersion App - If you enjoy reading on your smartphone, the YouVersion Bible App is awesome! You can choose plans there as well. We suggest selecting a plan from their “Through the Bible” section.
- Commentaries - Start with God's Word alone, but for deeper study grab a Study Bible or commentary to understand the Bible more fully. Here are some commentary suggestions book by book.
Bible Reading Plans
- F260 Plan - The Foundational 260 Plan is from Replicate.org. It’s a chronological Bible overview, not exhaustive, and about two chapters a day.
- One Book at a Time - Another great way to deeply study God’s word is to choose a book of the Bible and study it verse by verse along with a commentary. See the link above for commentary suggestions.
- Beginning to End Reading Plan – A one-year plan that takes you through the Bible in order from Genesis to Revelation.
- Chronological Reading Plan – A one-year plan that takes you through the Bible in chronological order.
- Two-Year Reading Plan – A plan that takes you through the Bible over the span of two years, reading the New Testament and Psalms twice and the rest of the Old Testament once. (This plan has an accompanying devotional titled "For the Love of God" by D.A. Carson.)
- See also Christian Standard Bible Plans, ESV Bible Reading Plans, Bible.com Topical Reading Plans, She Reads Truth, and He Reads Truth.
Also, check out this blog for more information on the importance of God's Word in our lives.