Brook Hills has had the great privilege of developing a partnership with Oliver Elementary School in Gate City over the past few years known as “Love Oliver.” The majority of the 450 students at Oliver come from low-income families with no adult male in the home. Brook Hills partners with multiple ministries to invest in the children and families in this area of our city. Despite the many barriers these families may face, they have limitless God-given potential to transform their community. Through Love Oliver, we hope to empower families to succeed as they take personal responsibility for their future.
This is how we Love Oliver. How will you Love Oliver?
SERVE ON CAMPUS:
Breakfast Club - meet with an assigned group of 2-3 students 1/week from 7:15-8:00am in the cafeteria
Lunch Club - meet with 2-3 students from an assigned class 1/week during the lunch period
- Classroom Buddy - provide reading support, math support, or administrative support in an assigned classroom 1/week
REGISTER AT THE LINK BELOW.
If you’re interested in serving alongside one of our Love Oliver partners through on-campus or off-campus ministry to Oliver families, click the link provided to contact them directly.
- Oak Tree Ministries: Reading Club, Bible Club, and Teen Hang Time
- Aspire Movement: Long-term Mentoring Program
- Discovery Club: After-School Bible Club at Oliver
- STAIR: After-School Reading Program
This form is no longer available. It was closed for further submissions on 02/16/2019.