Brook Hills has had the great privilege of developing a partnership with Oliver Elementary School in Gate City over the past few years known as “Love Oliver.” The majority of the 450 students at Oliver come from low-income families with no adult male in the home. Brook Hills partners with multiple ministries to invest in the children and families in this area of our city. Despite the many barriers these families may face, they have limitless God-given potential to transform their community. Through Love Oliver, we hope to empower families to succeed as they take personal responsibility for their future.
This is how we Love Oliver. How will you Love Oliver?
SERVE ON CAMPUS:
- Tutoring - meet with an assigned student one-on-one for tutoring in specific areas of need in math or reading 1/week.
- Mentoring - meet with an assigned student to provide mentoring and life support 1/week on Wednesday mornings.
- Classroom Buddy - provide reading support, math support, or administrative support in an assigned classroom 1/week
If you’re interested in serving alongside one of our Love Oliver partners through on-campus or off-campus ministry to Oliver families, click the link provided to contact them directly.
- Oak Tree Ministries: Reading Club, Bible Club, and Teen Hang Time
- NorthStar Soccer: Soccer Club After School at Oliver
- Discovery Club: After-School Bible Club at Oliver
- STAIR: After-School Reading Program