We are excited about the possibility of meeting in person again. But with our variety of groups, it's going to be impossible to move forward with a one-size-fits-all approach. There are many factors involved, like children, group size, and risk tolerance. We will ask each Small Group Leader to assess all of those factors for your group and then work toward taking the best next steps for your group.
Currently, adult on-campus groups are starting to return, and many more will as children's ministry is able to begin when we occupy our new facility, hopefully in mid-November.
To help us in planning, please complete the "Space Request" form if you need a room prior to new facility occupancy. If you plan a return at that time or later, please complete the "Share Your Return Plans" form.
NEW ROOM MAPS, SET-UP, ETC
Find your room and see a picture and map, etc.
SHARE YOUR RETURN PLANS - ALL GROUPS PLEASE!
Please complete this form to let us know your thoughts or plans at this point, as current as you can know or guess.
ON-CAMPUS MEETING SPACE REQUEST
Please complete this form if you plan to return prior to occupancy of our new facility.
OFF-CAMPUS GROUPS - Best COVID Practices - Here are some things to think through to make sure our meetings are not only safe, but that people know what to expect. It's all about hospitality--making others feel comfortable.
ON-CAMPUS GROUPS - Best COVID Practices - Here are some things to think through to make sure our meetings are not only safe, but that people know what to expect. It's all about hospitality--making others feel comfortable.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
On Groups Returning to Live Meetings
- WHEN - Our hope is for small groups, all age-group ministries, and mid-week activities to resume on campus following completion of our Campus Development Project in November. We ask every individual and family to make decisions in line with their individual circumstances. We recognize that a few groups, particularly senior adults, may not start back this early.
- CURRENTLY: Adults will be able to gather weeks before children, so groups without kids will have an earlier and easier path to meeting together in person, subject to current guidelines.
- LOCAL GUIDELINES - We will follow the recommended state and local guidelines to love our neighbor well. Also, while on campus, we are also subject to City of Birmingham guidelines.
- BE CREATIVE: Consider various nights, rotating men's and women's meeting nights to accommodate children at home, rotating live and virtual meetings, and even meeting outdoors.
- SPACE AT CHURCH: The church facilities will be available for use after consultation with Jay to assure that the room size allows social distancing and other needs of the group. Rooms on campus will have a less-than-normal capacity to enable social distancing.
- COMMUNICATE: In deciding when to return, please help people know what to expect. Those with concerns about virus exposure will want to know what safety measures (masks, social distancing, etc.) the group will take. Those with little concern need to know the expectations of them. Following current guidelines closely will communicate our love and care for each other. (Philippians 2:3-4)
- HYBRID LIVE-VIRTUAL MODEL: Once your group returns to meeting in person, consider continuing to offer a virtual component for those who haven't returned.
- SUNDAY ON-CAMPUS - As the church will limit worship space at first, think carefully about scheduling on-campus Sunday morning meetings as everyone in the group may not be able to attend worship.
- MEETINGS WITH CHILDREN - We are starting to allow some groups to include children in their meetings on a temporary basis until children's ministry begins.
- HOSPITALITY - Let's practice hospitality, the point of which is to make others feel comfortable. Doing so will show our love for one another during this transition. (John 13:34-35)