During these days of Covid-19 isolation, we have a great opportunity to love our neighbors in Jesus’ name. Here are a few ideas to help your family think about how best to show and share the love of Jesus to those who live around you.
- Identify those neighbors most isolated and going through crisis (elderly, single adults, those with underlying health issues, depression, loss of job, etc.). Reach out to offer support.
- If your neighborhood has a social media group, post an offer to serve those who are quarantined and watch for ways to serve others.
- Share your contact information.
- Offer to pray for your neighbors over phone, video chat, at their door, or text message.
- Share about the peace you have in the midst of this storm through the gospel.
- Pray regularly at home for those who share needs with you.
- Check back regularly with those who have requested prayer for more requests.
- Identify practical ways to serve those in need . You may want to consider using this card. Examples: Errands to grocery store, pharmacy, or post office; Cut their lawn or help with lawn care issues; Provide a meal; Consider childcare support if you feel safe; Etc.
- Be ready to share words of encouragement through these or other Scriptures.
- Involve your children in leaving handwritten cards with treats for neighbors.
- Invite your neighbors to join us for worship online each Sunday morning at 10:00am at brookhills.org/live.
- Invite unbelieving neighbors to study the gospel of John with you and other neighbors online.
- Invite believing neighbors to join your small group online.
- Consider starting a new small group online with your neighbors. Connect with Jay Gordon, our Small Groups Minister, for coaching and support to start a new small group.