We are now offering two on-campus worship gatherings each Sunday at our regular times of 9:00am and 11:00am.
Each gathering will be limited to 500 people (including children). Each individual or family attending will need to register using our new “Save-A-Seat” system below. Registration will open at 1:00pm on the Monday prior to each Sunday gathering.
What to Expect When You Worship With Us in Person…
- We are asking everyone to enter through the main lobby doors, and we will direct you to the Worship Center through our courtyard.
- We will prop or hold open the doors to the lobby and the Worship Center.
- We will have signs displayed encouraging cooperation with appropriate social distancing guidelines to help us avoid gathering in crowds.
- Upon their arrival on campus, we will ask staff members and volunteers to confirm they are symptom-free.
- Our staff and volunteers will verbally welcome and greet you as you arrive but will avoid shaking hands or hugging.
- Staff and volunteers will be wearing face-coverings, and we are asking everyone in attendance to also wear a mask or face-covering while on our campus except for children two-years-old or younger.
- We will thoroughly sanitize our facilities prior to your arrival and will continue to clean throughout the morning.
- The number of people allowed in the restroom at one time will be limited.
- Our water fountains will be unavailable. Please, feel free to bring your own water bottle.
- We will not provide a printed worship guide. However, a digital version will be available online at brookhills.org/live.
- Upon entering the worship room, an usher will direct you to a numbered section. A different usher will receive you at that section and assist you in finding a seat, so as to maintain appropriate social distancing. People will be seated in every other row with 2-3 seats between households.
- Those leading us in worship from the platform will not wear face-coverings when speaking or singing.
- We will not have a formal time of greeting others around you as part of our gatherings.
- We will have congregational singing, as we normally do, at the beginning and the end of our gatherings. Everyone needs to continue wearing their mask or face-covering during singing.
- For the time being, we will not participate in communion.
- We will also avoid passing offering baskets, but we will have larger baskets available at the exits for any who choose to give in that manner. Online giving will also be available, however, the giving kiosk in the lobby will be closed on Sunday mornings.
- After the gathering concludes, we will provide dismissal instructions and reminders and ask you to avoid crowding at the exits.
- Once dismissed, please exit the facility and avoid congregating in the lobby or hallways. Particularly after the 9:00am gathering, this will allow us time to clean and prepare for those attending the next gathering to arrive.
Ways You Can Help…
- If you (or a member of your household) are running a fever or not feeling well, please join us on our livestream for worship.
- Please plan to arrive early. Seating will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the gathering.
- We are asking everyone in attendance to wear a mask or face-covering while on our campus except for children two-years-old or younger. This is also a practical and simple way for us to love and care for others in our faith family, as well as our guests.
- Please wash your hands prior to your arrival and take advantage of the hand sanitizer that will be available throughout the facility.
- Consider using the restroom before coming to the campus. While our facilities will be available, the capacity will be limited.
- Please maintain six feet of distance with others on campus who are not part of your household.
- While many of us are eager to see and visit with others, please avoid crowding or forming groups in entrances, hallways, and lobbies.
- If you attend a worship gathering on campus and later are confirmed positive for COVID-19, please contact us and let us know. When we have a member of our faith family with a confirmed case of COVID-19 who has been in attendance, we will notify everyone who was also in attendance at that worship gathering by email. However, we will not disclose the individual’s name or other personal information.
We will continue to livestream our worship gathering for all those unable to attend at 9:00am and it will remain available online once the gathering has concluded. You can also join our livestream on Vimeo, Facebook, or YouTube.
As the summer progresses, know that we will continue to evaluate our seating capacity needs and make adjustments accordingly. While we will have some limited space available on campus for adult small groups, our weekly age-group ministries will be suspended for the summer months. Adult small group leaders may contact Jay Gordon for guidelines and details related to meeting on campus.
The image below provides a general outline of our plan for gathering Brook Hills together again (click image to download).
We are so appreciative of your prayers and patience throughout this season of change. We have all faced challenges in considering how to wisely navigate this pandemic while also staying true to our mission and calling as a church. It is such a privilege God has given us to be able to shepherd our faith family, and your support helps make it all the more possible. As we move forward, let’s strive to do so in the spirit of Philippians 2 by “thinking the same way, having the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose,” and remembering that “everyone should look not to his own interests, but rather to the interests of others.”