Many along the Gulf Coast are in the midst of dealing with and recovering from the aftermath and destruction wrought by Hurricane Michael. The need is great, and we want to respond with intentional prayer and effective resources to help those who are in crisis.
- Pray for all of those that have been affected by this storm. Pray for God to be merciful to those who are living in the devastated areas and for those still in need of rescue. Pray for God to provide for those who are suffering.
- Pray for state leadership and all others who are working tirelessly to look after and care for their cities and communities.
- Pray for the first responders and those who will come after them to help with cleanup and recovery.
- Pray for God to receive glory in this time of suffering.
If you would like to contribute as an individual, we have a few recommended partners:
- Samaritan’s Purse
- North American Mission Board
- Florida Baptist Convention
- Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief
GET TRAINED AND GO
Most of our partners are asking for volunteers to come and help at the right time. The best way to do this is to get trained and be ready when they need you.
Sign up to volunteer:
- Samaritan’s Purse – Be trained to volunteer. Opportunities include half-day, one-day, or multiple-day options for individuals and groups
- NAMB – Training and background check required. Options for individuals and groups to volunteer.