In 1990 Gary went on his first mission trip to dig water reservoirs in remote villages of Mali. It was the turning point in Gary’s life. As an entrepreneur in the building and construction field, he began to feel called to do missions and realized he needed to refocus his life. Elizabeth had always held a ministerial job related to missions and gave her leisure time to serving Hispanic and Korean congregations in the US, in addition to overseas projects. She readily agreed to leave the familiar behind and follow wherever God led them. Gary and Elizabeth Wilkins founded By Provision in 2000.
Initially God took them to Angola during the civil war and with grassroots funding, volunteers, and partners, from 2000 to 2016, By Provision saw tens of thousands of lives transformed by Christ with providing access to clean and safe water. In 2017 Gary and Elizabeth transitioned to new ministry in Costa Rica where their main focus is now on advocating, preventing, intervening, and restoring those caught up in human trafficking in Central America.
Ways to Pray:
- Pray for God to open the eyes of those in human trafficking and give each person the assurance of His provision through Christ and for their lives to be transformed.
- Pray for local Christians to come alongside those born into the human trafficking lifestyle and those seeking to exit it.
- Pray for Gary and Elizabeth to rely on God’s Word as they counsel the people they are meeting with.
- Pray for God to give strength to Gary and Elizabeth as they emotionally and mentally engage with the life stories they are hearing and witnessing daily.
- Pray for the hope in Christ Gary and Elizabeth have to shine so others may see.
- Pray for Gary and Elizabeth to trust that Jesus Christ alone can deliver and restore each and every person, no matter what their circumstance.