Harry & Sarah lead a co-ed group for couples and singles in their 50's+. They meet on Sunday mornings at 7:45am in Student Center, Modular 18. Guests are always welcome to come!
We have about 30 people in our group including people mostly in their 50's and 60's. We have varied numbers in attendance because many are empty nesters and travel some on weekends. We have mostly married, but some single. We welcome visitors to come and join in our fellowship!
Our Bible study time is led by Harry and several other members in our group. We love group discussion and encourage participation. We usually study the sermon from the previous week, but we have done a few Bible studies including one by Tony Evans. We occasionally have guests share with our group regarding their mission during our study time.
- 7:45 - 8:05 - Fellowship and Coffee/Tea each week with breakfast food the 1st Sunday each month
- 8:05 - 8:15 - Prayer and Sharing Time
- 8:15 - 8:50 - Bible Study Time
OTHER GROUP ACTIVITIES:
- Ladies Bible Study on Tuesday nights coordinated by Connie Norton
- Focused prayer/fasting times led by Kathy Bley for those that want to participate
- Men Participate in Community Bible Study on Monday nights
- Ladies Beach trip in the Fall
- Participate as a group in mission activities such as Operation Christmas Child, Oak Tree Ministries, The Wellhouse, and Rock the Block
- Support in prayer and giving to our group member, Jack Pope, who left in 2017 to work in Kenya for Vapor Ministries
- Work as a group to staff a BH baby nursery class led by Cheryl and Mitch Joynt (group members)
- Lunch out as a group on the 1st Sunday of the month after the 9:00 service
Location3145 Brook Highland Pkwy45 Brook Highland Pkwy
Birmingham, AL 35242