Many in southern Texas are recovering from the devastating effects of Hurricane Harvey, and now Hurricane Irma has left a path of destruciton through the Caribbean and is currently making landfall in Florida. The need is great, and we want to respond with intentional prayer and effective resources to help those who are in crisis.
The Crisis Relief Fund and Our Response
Each year the faith family at The Church at Brook Hills generously gives above and beyond our regular tithe to the Global Offering. Portions of the Global Offering are designated into a Crisis Relief Fund, which allows our church to quickly respond when disasters like Hurricanes Harvey and Irma take place.
We have already been active in responding to help for those affected by Hurrican Harvey and will look for ways to assist victims of Irma, as well.
Other Ways To Be Involved
- Pray for all of those that have been affected by these storms. Pray for God to be merciful to those who are living in the devastated areas and for those still in need of rescue. Pray for God to provide for those who are suffering.
- Pray for state leadership and all others who are working tirelessly to look after and care for their cities and communities.
- Pray for the first responders and those who will come after them to help with cleanup and recovery.
- Pray for God to receive glory in this time of suffering.
If you would like to contribute as an individual, we have a few recommended partners:
- Samaritan’s Purse
- North American Mission Board
- Southern Baptists of Texas Convention
- Florida Baptist Convention
GET TRAINED AND GO
Most of our partners are asking for volunteers to come and help at the right time. The best way to do this is to get trained and be ready when they need you.
Sign up to volunteer:
- Samaritan’s Purse – Be trained to volunteer. Opportunities include half-day, one-day, or multiple-day options for individuals and groups
- NAMB – Training and background check required. Options for individuals and groups to volunteer.