Vision, Mission, and Goal
We glorify Christ by making disciples of all nations.
Worship Gatherings (Philippians 3:10)
Local Disciple-Making (Matthew 28:18-20)
Global Disciple-Making (Psalms 67:1-2)
“We glorify God...”
We desire the glory of God in Christ:
- God orchestrates history to display His glory.
- God ordains the church to enjoy His glory.
We glorify God as we become like Christ:
- Following Christ and becoming like Him is the vision of every Christian and every church.
- Through our worship gatherings, we exalt God in Christ as the only One who is:
- Worthy of our worship.
- Worthy of their worship.
“...by making disciples...”
The four primary facets of disciple-making are:
- Share the Word.
- Show the Word.
- Teach the Word.
- Serve the World.
The question we are constantly asking at The Church at Brook Hills: How can we most effectively make disciples of all nations?
Small groups are:
- The primary avenue for disciple-making to occur.
- Approximately 8-12 believers sharing life together.
- Growing inward by showing the Word and teaching the Word.
- Growing outward by sharing the Word and serving the world.
We want to see small groups of disciple-makers all over the planet.
“...of all nations.”
Everything we do at Brook Hills, we do ultimately for the sake of God’s glory in all nations. Through short-term missions, we encourage one another to give 2% of our time each year in contexts around the world in a way that transforms the other 98% of our time here in the process. We are investing in national disciple-makers and churches in other contexts and equipping them to go into the world with us. We are joining hands with faith families all around the world and together, through short-term missions, we are impacting the world.
The Win is World-Impacting Disciple-Makers:
We win when men and women are multiplying the Gospel by making disciples of all nations with their lives. We are a faith family full of world-impacting disciples who really believe that as a church we can shake the nations for His glory!
Our Values (Acts 2:42-47)
- Biblical Proclamation (Acts 2:42)
- Sacrificial Care (Acts 2:42)
- Wholehearted Worship (Acts 2:42)
- Desperate Prayer (Acts 2:42)
- Exponential Multiplication (Acts 2:47)
We align all of our plans with the Word of God.
We are not asking God to bless our plans.
We are aligning with the plans He has already promised to bless.
We purposefully equip people to make disciples of all nations.
Church leaders are equippers, not event planners.
Church leaders do not exist to provide services; they exist to serve people.
Church leaders are not program-driven; they are people-driven.
The success of our mission depends greatly on leadership development.
We organize our ministries and maximize our resources for rapid multiplication of the Gospel:
- What if God chose to add 10,000 people to the Kingdom this year in Birmingham?
- Would we be ready to support such growth?
- We are currently organized for routine addition.
- We must be organized for rapid multiplication.
- Brook Hills is not a place of ministry; Brook Hills is a base of ministry.
- We must eliminate all references to the church as a building from our vocabularies!
- We must become decreasingly dependent on ministries that require large budgets and large buildings.
Everything we do at Brook Hills, we do ultimately for the sake of God’s glory in all nations:
We are intentional about penetrating various cultures with the Gospel through various means. In order to be effective in, and equipped for, cross-cultural ministry, we focus our energy here on Gospel ministry that transcends culture. At the same time, we wisely and responsibly contextualize ministry methods in view of the culture around us
We focus all our resources on a straightforward process aimed at producing world-impacting disciple-makers:
There are three primary activities in this process:
- Worship Gatherings
- Small Groups
- Short-Term Missions
There are four primary levels of support in this process:
In this process, we set free the people of God in the power of the Spirit of God to accomplish the mission of God for the glory of God.
We are willing to risk everything to accomplish our mission:
- For the sake of the lost...
- For the sake of the poor…
- For the sake of the church…
- Ultimately for the sake of Christ.
Impact The World!
A church with this vision, mission, goal, values, and strategy will produce world impacting disciple-makers.