The mission of Hearts in Hands is to share God’s grace and show God’s love by serving the poor in the community. Hearts In Hands helps provide critical home repair services and wheelchair ramp construction to people who cannot afford them.
Volunteers can serve in the following ways:
- Prayer Team: The prayer team is devoted specifically to prayer for our ministry and our clients. This team is led by Leandrea Stouffer. For more information, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Coordinator: We need someone who is gifted with written communication and who also has good computer and organizational skills to help us coordinate with volunteers. For more information, contact me at email@example.com.
- Client Relations Specialist: We need someone to work alongside Frank visiting and screening new clients. This person would need to be able to travel all around the Jefferson and Shelby county area visiting with new clients, assessing their needs, assisting them in filling out the initial paperwork, and working with the rest of the leadership team to get those needs addressed. For more information, contact Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Handymen: We need men and women who are gifted at performing small household repairs in teams of two or three people. A potential handyman would need to have his own tools and be willing to work 3-4 weekdays per month on small projects. This person would need to really enjoy getting to know people from all walks of life. For more information, please contact Charlie at email@example.com.
- Weekend Project team: We need volunteers who can work in large groups to perform yard maintenance, general home repairs, and construct wheelchair ramps. These volunteers work under the direction of an experienced Hearts In Hands Project Leader usually on Saturday mornings. For more information, please contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org.