Helpful Parent Resource
Want answers to the hard questions. Check out this resource. There are pages of articles, studies, and stats that will give you as a parent an accurate grasp on where Students are as a whole.
CleanFilms provides family-edited movies, which have been edited for content to remove nudity and sexual situations, offensive language and graphic violence. You can rent or buy the movies through their website.
Do you have a question about God, Jesus, the Bible, or theology? Have you ever needed help understanding a Bible verse or passage? Are there any spiritual issues in your life for which you need advice or counsel? Check out this site, there are more than 174,000 Bible Questions Answered!
Covenant Eyes monitors Internet use and reports to your accountability partners (at no charge to them). Objectionable sites score high and are presented in an easy-to-read report, either by e-mail or at their member center. Parents can also use this tool to monitor their children's use of the Internet. Men, women, churches and businesses can use it to provide discipline and training in responsible use of the Internet.
The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding is a nonprofit organization committed to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and teenagers. At a time when an already confusing youth culture is changing quickly, CPYU helps parents, youth workers, educators and others understand teenagers and their culture so that they will be better equipped to help children and teens navigate the challenging world of adolescence.
Maybe you're not able to go on a mission trip right now, but you'd like to. One of the ways you can get involved in helping others around the world is through Compassion International. They have a comprehensive and well respected ministry that is feeding and teaching kids around the world. If you've ever thought about sponsoring a child, get the facts here and pray about getting involved.
Books on Middle School Ministry
- Controlled Chaos, Making Sense of Junior High Ministry by Kurt Johnston
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens, Second Edition by Paul David Tripp
- One Minute Bible for Students: 366 Devotions Connecting You With God Every Day From the Holman CSB
- More Would You Rather? by Doug Fields
- Transforming Discipleship: Making Disciples a Few at a Time by Greg Ogden
How Parents can get involved
Bible Study Helps
This is a great site for getting started in Bible study. They have an online concordance and some commentaries to check out. If you can’t remember where a verse is and don’t have a concordance handy, this is a great place to find stuff.
This site has expanded considerably recently. It’s a great place to compare different translations and the have some commentaries and other study aids as well. Even better, for all you seminarians out there this site has the complete text of both the Hebrew and Greek online for you to search. It’s a great help in a pinch.
- Your Girl by Vickie Courtney
- Parenting with Kingdom Purpose by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross
- ApParent Privilege by Steve Wright and Chris Graves
- Love Must Be Tough by Dr. James Dobson
- Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson
- Children at Risk by Dr. James Dobson
- Parenting Isn’t For Cowards by Dr. James Dobson
- Understanding Your Teenager by Wayne Rice
- The Five Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman
- The Five Signs of a Loving Family by Gary Chapman
- Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis
- Boundaries with Teens by Dr. John Townsend
- Raising Great Kids by Cloud & Townsend
- Tally Ho the Fox by Herb Hodges
- Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
- The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun
- Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
- The Classic Collection on Prayer by E.M. Bounds
- Keep in Step with the Spirit by J.I. Packer
- Let the Nations be Glad by John Piper
- The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus
Recommended Web Sites