Serve the World
Home Team Cheerleaders!
2012-2013 Mission Focus
The Church at Brook Hills has answered the call in Acts 13: 1-3 to be a church that “sends” those which God has called to become missionaries. With that also comes a responsibility to be their home base. We should be a place of encouragement, accountability, and support, kind of like the Home Team Cheerleaders!
This year we will teach the children about missions through engagement with a Brookhills missionary family while allowing the children to see firsthand the culture of other people groups, the struggles of missionaries, and be a part of the joy that comes when those missionaries accomplish great things for Christ.
What will this look like in action?
Each classroom will adopt a Brook Hills missionary family. (ex. 9am and 11am classes that meet in room 143 will adopt the same missionary family). Large group will focus on one missionary family each month through general education and interaction with the family.
How does each class participate?
Each small group classroom is provided with a package of materials introducing their missionary family. We encourage each classroom to have a bulletin board type area to display educational materials and communications from the missionary family.
What should each child know at the end of the year?
- The culture of the people group their missionary is serving.
- How to pray for people by understanding their needs.
- How to encourage others especially while they are serving the Lord.
How does our Preschool Ministry Team support this mission?
- By providing monthly focus information for each classroom in the form of activities, crafts, games, etc.
- By providing ideas and tools to allow each small group a creative way to communicate and minister to their missionary.