Serve the World
Along with our vision, mission, and goal (“To glorify Christ by making disciples of all nations”), we will align all that we do as the Global Disciple-Making Ministry with the following six strategic non-negotiables. We hold all that we do to this standard. These strategic non-negotiables are shared by each ministry at The Church At Brook Hills.
Six Strategic Non-negotiables:
We align all of our plans with the Word of God.
We are not asking God to bless our plans.
We are aligning with the plans He has already promised to bless.
We purposefully equip people to make disciples of all nations.
Church leaders are equippers, not event planners.
Church leaders do not exist to provide services; they exist to serve people.
Church leaders are not program-driven; they are people-driven.
The success of our mission is depends greatly on leadership development.
We organize our ministries and maximize our resources for rapid multiplication of the Gospel:
- What if God chose to add 10,000 people to the Kingdom this year in Birmingham?
- Would we be ready to support such growth?
- We are currently organized for routine addition.
- We must be organized for rapid multiplication.
- Brook Hills is not a place of ministry; Brook Hills is a base of ministry.
- We must eliminate all references to the church as a building from our vocabularies!
- We must become decreasingly dependent on ministries that require large budgets and large buildings.
Everything we do at Brook Hills, we do ultimately for the sake of God’s glory in all nations:
We are intentional about penetrating various cultures with the Gospel through various means. In order to be effective in, and equipped for, cross-cultural ministry, we focus our energy here on Gospel ministry that transcends culture. At the same time, we wisely and responsibly contextualize ministry methods in view of the culture around us
We focus all our resources on a straightforward process aimed at producing world-impacting disciple-makers:
There are three primary activities in this process:
- Worship Gatherings
- Small Groups
- Short-Term Missions
There are four primary levels of support in this process:
In this process, we set free the people of God in the power of the Spirit of God to accomplish the mission of God for the glory of God.
We are willing to risk everything to accomplish our mission:
- For the sake of the lost...
- For the sake of the poor…
- For the sake of the church…
- Ultimately for the sake of Christ.
All of these areas culminate to “Serve the World.”