- Population - 1.298, 257,000
- Percentage of Evangelicals - 5.7%
- Total Number of People Groups - 516
- Number of Unreached People Groups - 427
- Language Spoken - Mandarin
- Major Religion - Non-Religious
- Persecution Index - 16
East Asia includes the countries of Mongolia, China, Korea and Japan. These countries have diverse cultures and people groups. Many have differing degrees of religious freedom and the persecution of Christians is challenging. In North Korea there is only one accepted religion, "Cheondogyo", the cult following of a deceased leader. The gospel is harshly repressed and hundreds of thousands of Christians have been killed or imprisoned. In South Korea, however, there is complete religious freedom and the Korean church is strong. China on the other hand detains more Christians than any other country in the world. The religious climate there has been strictly controlled for decades. But the church is growing and persecution only strengthens her. So as more and more Christians go to share the gospel in East Asia and as the church grows there, we must be diligent to pray for those God is using to spread the good news. And as countries in East Asia like China grow into economic giants, we must pray that God uses the church to influence the rest of the world for His glory and His name sake so that many can know him and many will put their faith in him. Pray then for our partner in East Asia as he ministers to those who have never heard the gospel.
- Pray that God would be glorified in East Asia and would open many doors for Tom and his family to share the gospel.
- Pray for the young men Tom disciples. Pray for their salvation and for many to know Christ through their lives.
- Tom is a physician and shares the gospel with those he cares for. Pray for open hearts for the patients he will encounter.
- Pray for Tom and his family as they live in an area that is hostile towards Christians. Pray for God to sustain them as they work, play and live out their lives for the sake of the gospel.