Church Planting Plan
Our approach to the overall church planting process can be described in three words: organic,
relational and missional. Rather than follow the traditional model that is geared toward a specific launch date, we have chosen to allow things to develop naturally through mobilizing our core team to permeate their neighborhoods and communities with gospel intentionality. As we are ultimately dependent on God’s grace and sovereignty, we envision the planting process to move through the following seasons:
During this period we will seek to gather a core team of individuals who desire to labor with us on-site in Kansas City. We will also seek to identify kingdom-minded churches and individuals who desire to partner with us in prayer and/or financial support.
During this phase, we have four primary objectives.
- Mobilizing our core team through weekly gatherings focused on fellowship, prayer, teaching and vision-casting.
- Living on mission in our neighborhoods and communities as we live with gospel intentionality in our relationships with others.
- Identifying and equipping potential Discipleship Community leaders and other ministry leaders.
- Beginning Discipleship Communities which are focused on individuals making disciples in and through their groups as they live in community and mission together.
We will formally express who we are by covenanting together as a local church. We envision this occurring in two phases.
- Instruction phase: Before officially covenanting together we want to take a period of time and provide sound biblical instruction that is focused on the doctrine of the church.
- Implementation phase: It’s at this time we will begin formal church membership, agree on a statement of faith, adopt a church covenant, appoint elders and introduce baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
After formally covenanting together as a local church we will continue to remain focused on four areas:
- Worship gatherings - We will continue to gather together for the purpose of preaching the Word, reading the Word, praying the Word, seeing the Word (baptism and the Lord’s Supper) and singing the Word.
- Discipleship Communities - Through these groups we will continue to live in community and on mission with one another.
- Equipping Seminars - As the need arises for more formal training, we hope to provide biblical, theological and practical ministry training.
- Global Disciple-Making - We will quickly be involved in making disciples of all nations by sending teams to unreached and under-reached peoples throughout the world.