Tanya Poe Pastoral Care Ministry Assistant
1. What is your position/responsibility at Brook Hills?
Pastoral Care Ministry Assistant
2. What is your vision/goal for this role?
My vision and goal would be to truly Love people well in ministry.
3. How did God lead you to Brook Hills?
He led me here to visit with my friend in 1993. Brook Hills immediately felt like my home.
4. What is something you find unique and appreciate about the church at Brook Hills?
As much as Brook Hills has changed throughout the years, God’s hand has always been on this body of believers. I appreciate the diversity of the people and Truth is proclaimed so clearly each week.
5. Where is your hometown, and what should a visitor see, or eat, or do when there?
Birmingham is my hometown. You need to check out Vulcan and Nikki’s West restaurant. It is a hometown favorite, or the Bright Star restaurant.
6. What have you found to be different here in Birmingham compared to where you came from?
7. What words would your closest friends use to describe you?
Friendly, Loving, Bubbly
8. Tell us about your family members. Feel free to use adjectives.
My husband- Jason (protective, sensitive, a little sarcastic, God-honoring)
My 4 year old twins
Joshua (more serious, responsible)
Judson (“free-spirit” anything goes)
9. Tell us about your decision to follow Christ.
I became a follower of Christ at twenty-one years of age in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I was broken, alone and struggling to find something to fill the voids in my heart.
I truly realized how much Christ loved me and that he died for my sins, and how much he had forgiven me from all the things in my past.
I needed a personal relationship with Him. He became my Lord, and my Savior, my Loving Father in whom I could place all my trust.
10. Along with redemption, what principle or promise or verse from the Bible has had the most transformative effect on your life?
Romans 12: 1&2- Therefore I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will.
11. What spiritual gift do you know you have, because you thoroughly enjoy doing it?
12. Name a food you can’t wait to eat in heaven without guilt or consequence?
Any kind of Pasta
13. If your family was recorded on a road trip, what recurring phrase or topic would we hear?
Are we there yet? I’m hungry, I need to go Potty!
14. If I could win a lifetime supply of something, it would be….
If I could win a lifetime supply of something, it would be…… Toilet Paper (there is never enough)