Kick off the fall semester with us at the Sweet & Salty Showdown! If you feel confident in your cooking skills or make a fabulous dessert item, appetizer, or dip that people just rave about, enter either the sweet or the salty category in order to compete for this year's golden spatula. In addition to the audience choice award, we will also have judges who will offer their expertise and name a winner for each category.
Even if you don't want to make anything and compete, come sample and vote for your favorite food in each category, and hang out with us. There's no cost to attend. And if you're new to Brook Hills/Birmingham, this will be a great way to meet people and to connect to a small group, so we hope you'll join us!
Registration to compete is now closed.
To Compete in a Category:
We are limiting registrations to ten people in each category. Included below are a few things to know if you're interested in competing. To register to compete, fill out the registration form below.
- We ask that you make enough of your salty item or your sweet item (whichever category you enter) to feed 50ish people, so that folks can sample and vote.
- Please have your food cooked in advance, and bring it with you.
- At the beginning, we'll get three plates of your food item to set aside for our judges to sample.
- We'll provide the paper products, so you'll just need to provide the food, which you will have made in advance and brought with you to the event.
- We will have electrical outlets if needed, but you will be responsible for bringing your own extension cord.
- We'll assign you a table for you in the Student Building and ask that you arrive 15-20 minutes early in order to set-up and be ready for when folks arrive.