Today's post was written by Bekah M., a BH college student who is serving mid-term this summer in Southeast Asia.
When I was first asked to write this article, I naturally went to my mom and asked her how she prayed for my siblings and I when we are away, especially how she prayed for us while we are overseas.
Her answer was excellently simply and extremely obvious. She told me, “I pray Scripture. In praying the Word of God, you pray the will of God, and there is no better prayer than a prayer within the will of God.” So, I write to not only mothers and fathers out there, but for all who desire to know prayers that will always be glorifying to the Lord and gratifying to us as we go.
Here are three examples:
“For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your heart enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power towards us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.”
- Be thankful. Praise the Lord that He has so graciously given a burden to GO to your child.
- Pray for wisdom.
- That your children would not seek wisdom in themselves but, instead, that they would ask the Lord for wisdom.
- That the Lord would give wisdom.
- Pray for enlightenment and remembrance of the hope to which He has called us.
- Pray that we would remember the riches of the glorious inheritance we receive as saints.
- Pray that we would remember the greatness of His power towards us who believe.
“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.”
- Pray for knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
- Pray that we will “walk in a manner worthy of the Lord.”
- Pray that we will bear fruit.
- Pray that we will increase in the knowledge of God.
- Pray that we will look to the Lord and His power for strength.
- Pray that we will be thankful that He has qualified us to share in His inheritance.
“I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.”
- Pray for effectiveness in the sharing of our faith.
- Pray that we understand that every good thing that is in us is for the sake of Christ.